Telemedicine – what it is and how it works:
With our new telemedicine service, TeleTails, you can connect with us from the comfort of your home using your smartphone or tablet. It is a great option for some medical conditions. When appropriate, this option will enable you to receive our best medical care without transporting your pet to us. We hope you will find this helpful if your pet is highly stressed at the hospital, if you are without transportation, if your pet cannot walk and during this difficult time that requires us to keep our distance from one another.
Some important details:
- TeleTails connects you with us. You will not be talking to a third-party veterinarian.
- During your consultation the doctor will speak with you, see your pet and prescribe treatment. Any in-person follow up will be billed separately at the time of service. The cost of the call may be reduced if the doctor determines that your pet cannot be adequately evaluated by electronic consultation and in-person consultation is required.
- Not all ailments are good fits for telemedicine. We will be up-front with you.
- Do not use TeleTails for an emergency. Call us directly.
- Currently, only clients with smartphones or tablets will be able to utilize this service.
- Our TeleTails services are available for patients with whom we have an active, existing relationship.
- This service is limited to the following hours:
- 8am to 7pm daily (hours subject to change)
- If further in-person medical care is deemed warranted based on this consultation, you will be referred to our clinic or an emergency center as indicated.
If you are interested, please follow these simple steps:
- Download the TeleTails mobile app below to your phone or tablet
- Create your profile
- Allow notifications
- Enter our code BRIAR to link to us
- When you request a consult you’ll be asked to provide a credit card for payment